Ashwagandha is a natural root and is one of the most important remedies used in traditional Ayurveda medicine.
Known in Indian Sanskrit as “Rasayana” or the Rejuvinator…
Ashwagandha’s use goes all the way back to 6,000 BC when it was used as a remedy for Hindu Kings.
Throughout history, men have used Ashwagandha to help everything from physical recovery, boosting sex hormones, to strengthening the immune system.
But this herb’s powerful stress-relieving properties are the focus of today’s article.
Because Ashwagandha’s anxiety fighting effectiveness is comparable to even pharmaceuticals medications, but without harmful side effects and potential for addiction.
For example, one study published in the Journal of Phytomedicine showed administration of ashwagandha for five days provided anxiety-relieving effects similar to the anti-anxiety drug lorazepam (Ativan), and antidepressant effects similar to those of the prescription antidepressant drug imipramine.
Another study published in the Journal of Pharmacology had fifty-two healthy subjects experiencing stress for a long period of time take ashwagandha (300 mg twice daily. After eight weeks, not only was there a decrease in stress (as measured by the perceived stress scale), but also food cravings and overall body weight. [R]
In a survey study of 218 healthy participants taking 2400mg of ashwaganda for one month, participants experienced an average improvement of emotional health by 42%.
The positive effects on emotional health translated to the participants’ social life and social activities improving by nearly 45.8%.
Ashwagandha Provides Dual Purpose Protection
Remarkably, ashwagandha can not only relieve psychological stress, but also protect brains cells against the physiological damage stress puts on your body.
The Department of Zoology at Sukhadia University found 85% of the brain cells in animals exposed to chronic stress showed signs of degeneration.
It’s this type of neurodegeneration that can lead to long-term cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
When ashwagandha was administered to chronically stressed animals, the number of degenerating brain cells was reduced by 80%! [R]
I’ve yet to meet a single person not affected by stress, and I think we can all agree it drains you just as much physically as mentally.
Ashwagandha achieves these stress fighting effects by increasing specific antioxidant enzymes in the body that are depleted during stressful times and by reducing the hormone cortisol.
Cortisol is needed in the body to perform actions like waking you up in the morning, but too much of it can have negative effects on the body such as weight gain, immune dysfunction and higher risk for chronic diseases.
Studies show ashwagandha reduces cortisol levels in the body up to 26%.
The key component in ashwagandha that provides these benefits is a compound called withanolides.
Unfortunately, cheap ashwagandha supplements either have very lower levels of withanolides, or come from the leaf of the plant, which have no withanolides at all.
Ashwagandha high in this powerful compound must come from the root of the plant.
Not all withanolides are beneficial though.
Withaferin A is one withanolide which is cytotoxic, as has been established in multiple scientific studies. So, it’s undesirable to have Withaferin A in an ashwagandha extract when you’re in need of one it’s positive applications like stress relief, energy enhancement, cognition boosting and immunity strengthening.
Some ashwagandha extracts have high levels of Withaferin A because the manufacturers use ashwagandha leaves. Using leaves spikes up the overall withanolide content, but it also brings in the undesirable Withaferin A.
The most studied and effective ashwagandha extract is a patented, full spectrum extract called ksm-66, which took over 14 years to develop.
KSM-66 consists of negligible levels of Withaferin A, making it very safe for human consumption.
Why KSM-66 is the Best Ashwagandha For Men
• KSM-66 is the highest concentration full-spectrum extract on the market today, retaining all the natural constituents of the herb in the original balance.
• KSM-66 is the ashwagandha extract with the most extensive set of research studies and clinical trials.
• KSM-66 has the highest percentage of withanolides of all root-only extracts available today. It has more than 5% concentration of withanolides as measured by HPLC.
• The production of KSM-66 has tight vertical integration for high quality and price advantage. KSM-66’s maker is the only ashwagandha manufacturer in the world with its own farms, production facilities, testing laboratories, research center and distribution.
• KSM-66 is the only major ashwagandha extract in the world that is 100% Organic certified.
• KSM-66 has a neutral taste and is not bitter like other ashwagandha extracts, making it an excellent choice for use in foods and beverages.
• KSM-66 is produced using a first-of-its-kind, unique extraction process, based on “Green Chemistry” principles, without using alcohol or any synthetic solvents.
• KSM-66 is GRAS Affirmed, Kosher, Halal, Non-GMO Certified; Vegetarian and Gluten free; Safe and Shelf-stable.
Ashwagandha effects may take a week or so for you to really notice, but they only get better overtime.
Unlike dangerous pharmaceutical medications, which are simply a band aid, ashwagandha helps you heal both the body and the mind.
We’ve included an effective 250mg dose of KSM-66 inside our breakthrough vitality boosting elixir – Mito Male.
Along with 12 other powerful ingredients, Mito Male gives you everything a man needs to feel, look, and perform his best…
No matter what age.